New rules for happy and safe imaging:
- Users in the microscope facility must wear a face mask at all times. No exceptions.
- Users must put on fresh gloves when entering the facility and discard them when leaving.
- Periodically spray your gloves with EtOH to minimize cross-contamination.
- Only ONE user allowed per room/curtained area.
- No more than ONE user per microscopes.
[Please communicate with each other and modify your reservation times accordingly for your individual needs]
- At the start of your session, disinfect common equipment with 70% EtOH. Do NOT spray directly on the equipment; use cleaning wipes/paper. Wipe surfaces 2-3 times during use.
- Wear safety glasses (or prescription eyeglasses) if you need to use the microscope eyepieces. Please bring your own. Keep them afterwards.
- Observe normal instrument shut-down procedures and properly disinfect common equipment again.
- Do NOT schedule equipment immediately after another user.
[Please allow for a 30-minute gap between sessions. If you are running late, notify the next user so that they aren’t waiting in the facility.]
Happy and safe imaging !